Individual creamy chicken pot pies
5 tsp, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1½ pound(s), cut into bite-size chunks
4 rib(s), medium, thinly sliced (about 2 ½ cups)
4 large, diced (about 2 cups)
1 large, chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Frozen baby peas
Low fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp, chopped (or to taste)
½ tsp, or more to taste
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pot with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in same pot over medium-high heat; add celery, carrots and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and sprinkle vegetables with flour; cook, stirring, until vegetables are coated, about 1 minute. Stir in broth; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes. Add peas, cream cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and any accumulated juices; heat through.
- Evenly divide mixture among eight (8 oz) ramekins or custard cups (about 1 cup filling each).
- Unroll crescent dough; carefully separate at perforations. Place 1 piece of triangle dough over each ramekin, letting edges drape over sides (or folding it back over into middle).
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly around edges, about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 pot pie