- 4 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp asian hot sauce, or chili paste, or to taste
- 2 cup(s) dried shiitake mushroom(s), sliced
- 1/3 Tbsp uncooked bamboo shoots, sliced
- 9 oz firm tofu, about 1 cup, diced
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
In a soup pot, stir together broth, vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and tofu. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and simmer 2 minutes more.
Serve, sprinkling each bowl with sliced scallions. Yields about 1 cup per serving.