Herbed Rib Roast
- 4 pound(s) uncooked lean whole beef rib(s), trimmed of visible fat
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season roast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and horseradish. In another small bowl, combine parsley, thyme, dill and 1 tablespoon of mustard mixture.
- Place meat, rib-bone down, in a roasting pan; coat top with remaining mustard mixture and cook meat until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of roast registers 110°F. Coat roast with remaining mustard mixture and press herb mixture onto mustard with your hands.
- Continue cooking roast until a thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 140°F for medium, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Cover loosely with foil and then let stand 20 to 30 minutes before carving into 12 thick slices. Yields 1 slice per serving.