Herbed Flatbread by Digital 360 Coach Cassidy
SmartPoints® value per serving
Coach Cassidy has taken the WW members’ beloved 2-ingredient dough recipe and turned it into a delicious herbed focaccia-like flatbread. The dough is quite wet but a rubber spatula and parchment paper are all you need to transform it into a delicious bread that you can enjoy as is, drizzled with olive oil and sea salt, or topped with ricotta cheese and fresh basil. You can also use the bread for sandwiches or as a pizza crust.
1⅛ tsp, active dry-variety
¼ cup(s), warm (115℉)
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp, or dried thyme
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Let stand until the mixture bubbles, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour to the yeast mixture, and using a rubber spatula, stir to combine. Stir in the yogurt, oregano, and thyme, and “knead” until the dough is smooth and shiny, about 5 minutes. (This is a very wet dough so continue mixing and kneading using a rubber spatula until the dough comes together.) Shape the dough into a wet ball, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it stand in a warm place until it rises, almost doubling in size, at least 60 minutes.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper. Using a spatula, turn the dough out onto the prepared pan, evenly spread into a 7 X 10-inch rectangle, and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425℉.
- Coat the dough with cooking spray and then bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let it cool slightly before slicing into 8 equal pieces.
- Serving size: 1 piece
You can also use instant yeast and add it directly to the flour; the bread just won’t be quite as fluffy.