Hearty steak and vegetables
Quick cooking brown rice
Uncooked lean beef round
8 oz, trimmed and thinly sliced (1 pound)
2 medium, halved lengthwise and sliced
Sweet red pepper(s)
2 medium, sliced
1 medium, sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, omitting the fat and salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, toss together the steak, chili powder, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, cumin, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the steak to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over the rice. Yields 2 cups steak and vegetables and 3⁄4 cup rice per serving.