Gruyere and spinach breakfast rolls
5 medium, green and white parts, chopped
2 large, diced
1 Tbsp, chopped, or 3/4 tsp dried sage
Fresh baby spinach
4½ cup(s), loosely packed leaves
Reduced fat crescent roll dough
8 oz, refrigerated
2 oz, shredded (about 1/2 c)
¼ tsp, (or to taste)
½ tsp, (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 minutes. Add tomato and sage to pan; cook until tomato is soft, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes. Remove mixture from pan; cool slightly.
- Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles and place side by side. Lift the edge of one rectangle and place it just slightly over the other, so it overlaps the other rectangle by ½-inch; press seams together to seal.
- Arrange spinach mixture over top of dough; sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Starting at one long edge, rollup dough jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange slices, cut sides up, in prepared pan; sprinkle tops with salt.
- Bake until puffed and well browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 roll