Grilling watermelon lends a unique taste and texture to a classic summer fruit.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 slice(s) fresh watermelon, large triangular pieces, seedless, rind removed
- 2 cup(s) arugula, baby variety
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 tsp Store-bought balsamic glaze
- 8 tsp green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Off heat, coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to high heat.
Place watermelon on heated grill; cook 10-20 seconds on each side until lightly charred.
In a medium bowl, toss arugula with oil; season with salt and pepper.
Place a watermelon slice on a small plate and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cheese; top with another watermelon slice. Place 1/2 c arugula on top and drizzle with 2 tsp balsamic glaze; sprinkle with 2 tsp pumpkin seeds. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 salads.
Serving size: 1 salad