Chunks of chicken and vegetables are tossed in a light, homemade pesto sauce, grilled and then served with more creamy pesto for dipping.
- 3 cup(s) basil, lightly packed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or less to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut in 16 chunks
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), cut in16 chunks
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, halved lengthwise, each half cut in 8 chunks
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), cut in 16 chunks
- 2 cup(s) Weight Watchers Whipped Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
In a blender or food processor, combine basil, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; process until smooth. Remove 2 tablespoons pesto sauce to a large bowl; add chicken, bell pepper, zucchini and onion to bowl and toss to coat.
Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Scrape creamy pesto into a serving bowl, cover and set aside for dipping sauce.
Off heat, coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
Evenly divide chicken and vegetables among 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring).
Grill skewers, turning as needed, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove skewers to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired and serve with creamy pesto dipping sauce. Yields 2 skewers and about 2 tablespoons sauce per serving
- If you have any leftovers, make a tasty sandwich by spooning the chicken and veggies (warmed or not) into pitas and drizzling them with the creamy pesto sauce.