Grilled Vegetable and Chicken Skewers with Creamy Pesto
- Total Time
Chunks of chicken and vegetables are tossed in a light, homemade pesto sauce, grilled and then served with more creamy pesto for dipping.
basil3 cup(s), lightly packed
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp, or less to taste
olive oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
red pepper flakes1 pinch
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 ¼ pound(s), cut in 16 chunks
sweet red pepper(s)1 large, cut in16 chunks
uncooked zucchini1 medium, halved lengthwise, each half cut in 8 chunks
uncooked red onion(s)1 medium, cut in 16 chunks
WeightWatchers Whipped Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread2 cup(s)
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; process until smooth. Remove 2 tablespoons pesto sauce to a large bowl; add chicken, bell pepper, zucchini and onion to bowl and toss to coat.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Scrape creamy pesto into a serving bowl, cover and set aside for dipping sauce.
- Off heat, coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Evenly divide chicken and vegetables among 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring).
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove skewers to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired and serve with creamy pesto dipping sauce. Yields 2 skewers and about 2 tablespoons sauce per serving