Grilled turkey saltimbocca
32 spear(s), medium, (about 3/4 pound) pencil (thin), trimmed
Uncooked turkey breast cutlets
16 oz, 4 (1/4-pound) cutlets
Soft-type goat cheese
4 Tbsp, (1/4 cup)
8 slice(s), (1/2-ounce slices)
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire. Soak 4 short wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 inch salted water to boil in large skillet. Add asparagus and cook, covered, until crisp-tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. With tongs, transfer to bowl of ice water and let cool about 2 minutes. Drain asparagus on double layer of paper towels and pat dry.
- Place turkey cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, lightly pound turkey to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top piece of plastic wrap and discard. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese on each cutlet. Place 8 asparagus spears crosswise on each cutlet and roll up beginning with short side. Place 3 sage leaves on each roll and wrap in 2 slices of prosciutto. Secure each roll with skewer and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Place rolls on grill rack and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until turkey is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Remove skewers before eating.
- Per serving: 1 turkey roll