- 1 pound(s) uncooked tuna, about 1- to 1 1/2-in thick
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, minced
- 6 large olive(s), pitted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 fl oz red wine
- 1/8 tsp sugar
Wash tuna and pat dry. Rub 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper over tuna; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, parsley, olives, oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
Coat a heavy grill pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When pan is almost smoking, cook tuna for 2 to 3 minutes per side for rare (or a minute longer per side for more well done). As soon as tuna is cooked, remove it to a serving plate and tent it with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Add wine, tomato mixture and sugar to hot pan; cook, scraping bottom of pan frequently, until tomato mixture reduces to about 2 cups and alcohol has cooked off, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove foil from tuna, thinly slice it and serve with tomato mixture over top. Yields about 1/4 pound tuna and 1/2 cup sauce per serving.