Grilled tuna provencal
1 pound(s), about 1- to 1 1/2-in thick
¾ tsp, divided
¾ tsp, freshly ground, divided
2½ cup(s), diced
1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
2 medium clove(s), minced
2 Tbsp, fresh, minced
6 large, pitted and chopped
2 fl oz
- Wash tuna and pat dry. Rub 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper over tuna; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, parsley, olives, oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Coat a heavy grill pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When pan is almost smoking, cook tuna for 2 to 3 minutes per side for rare (or a minute longer per side for more well done). As soon as tuna is cooked, remove it to a serving plate and tent it with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add wine, tomato mixture and sugar to hot pan; cook, scraping bottom of pan frequently, until tomato mixture reduces to about 2 cups and alcohol has cooked off, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove foil from tuna, thinly slice it and serve with tomato mixture over top. Yields about 1/4 pound tuna and 1/2 cup sauce per serving.