Shrimp with spicy veg noodles by Katie Lee Biegel
Rice wine vinegar
Fresh lime juice
2 clove(s), minced
1 medium, or serrano, thinly sliced
1 pound(s), jumbo-size, peeled and deveined
1 medium, peeled and cut into spiral noodles
2 medium, cut into spiral noodles
3 large, peeled and cut into spiral noodles
Persian (mini) cucumber
3 item(s), cut into thin half moons
Fresh mint leaves
½ cup(s), torn
¼ cup(s), leaves
3 medium, thinly sliced
Dry-roasted salted pecans
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Mix the fish sauce, oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, and jalapeno in a measuring cup. Spoon 2 tbsp mixture into a medium shallow bowl, add the shrimp to the bowl, and toss to coat. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, discard the marinade, and cook the shrimp until they are pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the heat and set aside.
- Place beet, zucchini, carrots, and cucumbers in a large bowl, add reserved dressing, and toss until well-coated. Fold the mint, cilantro, and scallions into the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the peanuts and top with the shrimp. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: about 2 cups loosely packed vegetables with 3 oz shrimp