Grilled salmon with caper chimichurri
½ cup(s), leaves
2 Tbsp, leaves
½ small, chopped
1½ Tbsp, rinsed and drained
1 medium clove(s), chopped
crushed red pepper flakes
8 tsp, divided
uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
1 pound(s), but with skin recommended (center-cut)
- Put parsley, oregano, shallot, capers, vinegar, water, garlic and red pepper flakes in bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. With motor running, drizzle in 2 Tbsp oil. Transfer chimichurri to a bowl; let sit at least 30 minutes (or make ahead and refrigerate for up to one week).
- Meanwhile, bring salmon to room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes; brush with remaining 2 tsp oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat (should be hot but not smoking).
- Place salmon, skin-side down, on prepared grill pan or skin-side up, on a grill grate. Reduce heat to medium and cook, without flipping, until fish releases easily from pan or grate, about 6 to 7 minutes. Carefully flip fish and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 to 6 minutes. (If using a gas grill, cover salmon during cooking.)
- Serving size: 4 oz salmon, 1 1/2 Tbsp sauce