Grilled Margherita Portobello Mushrooms
- Total Time
Tomato, basil and mozzarella taste fantastic on top of smoky, grilled portobello mushrooms.
portobello mushroom(s)4 item(s), stems removed, wiped clean
olive oil cooking spray1 spray(s)
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese½ cup(s)
garlic powder¼ tsp
dried oregano1 tsp
plum tomato(es)2 medium, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
basil8 leaf/leaves, fresh (for garnish)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Coat mushrooms with cooking spray; place on grill, stem-side down, and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and using tongs, flip mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
- After mushrooms have cooked for 8 minutes, remove them to a tray and reduce grill heat to medium-low. Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of seasoned cheese. Place mushrooms back on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving plate and top with tomato and basil. Yields 1 mushroom per serving.