Grilled margherita portobello mushrooms
4 item(s), stems removed, wiped clean
Olive oil cooking spray
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 medium, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
8 leaf/leaves, fresh (for garnish)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Coat mushrooms with cooking spray; place on grill, stem-side down, and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and using tongs, flip mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
- After mushrooms have cooked for 8 minutes, remove them to a tray and reduce grill heat to medium-low. Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of seasoned cheese. Place mushrooms back on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving plate and top with tomato and basil. Yields 1 mushroom per serving.