Grilled lasagna packets
Jarred fat-free marinara sauce
4 cup(s), thinly sliced (1⁄8 inch thick)
Yellow summer squash
4 cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced (1⁄8 inch thick)
No cook lasagna noodles
7 oz, (12 noodles)
¾ tsp, divided
¾ tsp, divided
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 cup(s), halved
¼ cup(s), chopped
2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Off heat, coat grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill. On work surface, stack 2 (18-by-12-inch) sheets of nonstick foil or heavy-duty foil coated with nonstick spray. Repeat 3 times to make total of 4 stacks.
- In medium bowl, combine marinara and 1 1⁄8 cups water. In large bowl, toss zucchini and squash. Arrange 1 lasagna noodle on each foil stack. Spoon 3 tbsp marinara over each noodle. (It’s OK if some sauce slides off.) Shingle 1 cup squash slices on top of marinara on each noodle and sprinkle each with pinch of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle 1 1⁄2 tbsp cheese over each lasagna. Repeat layering once. Top each lasagna with 1 remaining noodle. Spread 3 tbsp marinara on each noodle. Fold foil over lasagnas and seal packets tightly.
- Transfer packets to grill, seam-side up. Close lid and grill packets for 10 minutes. Turn packets over. Close lid and grill for 10 minutes more. Remove packets from grill and let stand for 5 minutes before opening. (Be careful when opening the packets; there will be a lot of steam.)
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, shallot, vinegar, and remaining 1⁄4 tsp each salt and black pepper and toss well to coat. Spoon tomatoes over lasagna before serving.
- Serving size: 1 lasagna packet and 1/2 cup tomato topping