Grilled halibut with pineapple
Fresh lime juice
Unpacked light brown sugar
2 Tbsp, divided
1½ Tbsp, fresh, grated, divided
Uncooked halibut fillet(s)
1¼ pound(s), four 6 oz pieces
½ medium, cut lengthwise into eight 1/2-inch-thick spears
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill.
- Place zest, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium-size rectangular glass dish; tightly cover dish and swirl to combine marinade. Add fish to container; cover, swirl again to coat fish and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, put pineapple in a second glass dish and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of brown sugar and remaining 1/2 tablespoon of ginger; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove pineapple from dish and set aside; add resulting juices to dish with fish.
- Grill pineapple until heated through, turning once, about 8 minutes.
- At the same time, cook fish, brushing with marinade several times, until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side; place on serving platter with pineapple. Yields 1 piece of fish plus 2 pineapple spears per per serving.