- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp decaffeinated instant coffee, powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste (optional)
- 2/3 oz fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix, use half a 1.4 oz package
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 large banana(s), cut into a total of 12 chunks
- 12 medium strawberries, hulled
Offheat, coat grid of grill with cooking spray and then preheat grill to medium.
In a tall pitcher, combine coffee powder, cinnamon, pudding mix and milk. Blend with a whisk or immersion blender until mixture is frothy; set aside. (The mixture will firm up as it stands.)
Alternately thread 3 banana chunks and 3 strawberries onto each of 4 metal skewers. Grill skewers, turning once, just long enough so that grill marks appear on fruit, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove fruit from skewers and divide among 4 plates. Top each serving with about 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce.
- When you can't grill outdoors, consider using a stovetop grill or broiling the fruit instead. You can vary the taste of the sauce by adding a few drops of rum extract in place of the coffee powder, if desired.