Grilled Flank Steak with Onions 2
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 17 min
1 large clove(s), minced
Uncooked lean flank steak
1½ pound(s), trimmed
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- Combine vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic, and pepper in large zip-close plastic bag. Add steak: squeeze out air and seal bag. Turn bag until steak is evenly coated. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spray onion with olive oil nonstick spray and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place steak on grill rack and grill, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 12 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion rounds on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, 7–9 minutes. Thinly slice steak against grain into 18 slices and place on platter; place onion on top.
- Per serving: 3 slices steak and 1/3 cup onion
Lean and flavorful flank steak is frequently on sale at the supermarket. Buy a few and freeze them, individually wrapped, up to 6 months.