Grilled coffee-rubbed steak with pear-cranberry salsa
Espresso, instant powder
1 Tbsp, or ground regular coffee
Packed brown sugar
½ tsp, chipotle chile
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
1 pound(s), (about 1 inch thick)
2 large, firm, ripe, unpeeled, cored, and diced
Uncooked red onion(s)
3 Tbsp, chopped
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
Fresh lime juice
1 medium, seeded and minced
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Stir together coffee, brown sugar, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and chile powder in small bowl. Rub coffee mixture all over steak and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine pears, cranberries, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Place steak on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 10 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into 24 slices. Serve steak with salsa.
- Per serving: 6 slices steak and about 2/3 cup salsa