Grilled citrus chicken with chili rubbed corn
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
½ tsp, canned or fresh
Fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp, about half a lemon
Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, about 1 lime
2 medium clove(s), minced
¼ tsp, freshly ground
4 medium, in husk
1 Tbsp, ancho-variety
8 medium, thick-variety
- Slice chicken into 4 or 8 pieces. In a large bowl, mix together tangerine, lemon and lime juices, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes or up to overnight in refrigerator.
- In a large pot filled with cold water, add unshucked ears of corn; soak for 10 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine oil, butter, chili powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt; microwave for about 15 seconds and stir to combine (or melt in a saucepan if you do not have a microwave). Remove corn from pot, pull back husk (be careful to leave husk attached to corn) and remove as much of silk as possible. Brush each piece of corn with about 1/2 teaspoon of oil mixture; cover corn with husk again.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat (or use an indoor grill pan). Grill corn, turning every few minutes, until husks are blackened and charred, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Off heat, coat grill rack with cooking spray. After corn cooks for about 8 minutes, add chicken and grill, flipping once, until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- After flipping chcken, place scallions in any remaining oil mixture from corn and toss to coat. Grill scallions in a grill saute pan or basket, using tongs to flip them occasionally, until soft and beginning to blacken in spots, about 2 to 4 minutes. Yields about 4 ounces of chicken, 1 ear of corn and 2 scallions per serving.