- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1/2 tsp tangerine juice, canned or fresh
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, about half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, about 1 lime
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 medium corn, in husk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp chili powder, ancho-variety
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 medium uncooked scallion(s), thick-variety
Slice chicken into 4 or 8 pieces. In a large bowl, mix together tangerine, lemon and lime juices, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes or up to overnight in refrigerator.
In a large pot filled with cold water, add unshucked ears of corn; soak for 10 minutes.
In a small microwavable bowl, combine oil, butter, chili powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt; microwave for about 15 seconds and stir to combine (or melt in a saucepan if you do not have a microwave). Remove corn from pot, pull back husk (be careful to leave husk attached to corn) and remove as much of silk as possible. Brush each piece of corn with about 1/2 teaspoon of oil mixture; cover corn with husk again.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat (or use an indoor grill pan). Grill corn, turning every few minutes, until husks are blackened and charred, about 15 to 17 minutes.
Off heat, coat grill rack with cooking spray. After corn cooks for about 8 minutes, add chicken and grill, flipping once, until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
After flipping chcken, place scallions in any remaining oil mixture from corn and toss to coat. Grill scallions in a grill saute pan or basket, using tongs to flip them occasionally, until soft and beginning to blacken in spots, about 2 to 4 minutes. Yields about 4 ounces of chicken, 1 ear of corn and 2 scallions per serving.
- If your grill pan is not large enough to accomodate all the food at once, cook the corn first, then the chicken and then the scallions; cover each to keep warm.