Grilled chicken with peach bbq sauce
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, finely chopped
1 small clove(s), minced
2 medium, ripe, pitted and sliced
Canned tomato sauce
1 cup(s), or strained tomatoes
Canned tomato paste
Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp, yellow variety
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
30 oz, 6 (5-ounce) breasts
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften, 3 minutes. Add peaches, strained tomatoes, tomato paste, cider vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and cayenne and bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer peach mixture to blender and puree. Press puree through strainer and discard solids. (Sauce can be made up to 4 days ahead and stored in covered container in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Place chicken, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl and turn chicken to coat. Place chicken on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10-12 minutes, basting with 1/2 cup of sauce during last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve chicken with remaining sauce.
- Per serving: 1 chicken breast and 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce