Grilled chicken-vegetable kebabs with tzatziki
3 Tbsp, divided
1 tsp, divided
1 tsp, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 24 ( 1 1/2- to 2-inch) pieces
3 small, each cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 large, cut into 24 pieces
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, cut into 8 or 12 wedges, and wedges cut in half crosswise
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
½ cup(s), shredded
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried mint
1 small clove(s), grated
- In a medium bowl, combine 1½ tbsp oil, vinegar, oregano, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini and bell pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1½ tbsp oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Onto 8 (10- to 12-in) skewers, alternately thread 3 chicken pieces, 3 zucchini pieces, 3 bell pepper pieces, and 3 chunks of onion. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring.) Brush kebabs all over with marinade and arrange on grill. Grill until chicken is cooked through and lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, garlic, and remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Serve sauce with kebabs.
- Serving size: 2 skewers and about ¼ cup sauce