Grilled chicken kebabs with nectarine salsa
3 large, finely diced (1 1/2 lb)
½ cup(s), finely diced
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, minced
½ average, seeded, minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
2 pound(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
- To make salsa, combine nectarines, fennel, cilantro, lime juice, shallots, serrano pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat; add cumin and toast, stirring, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Allow cumin to cool; transfer cumin to a small zip-close plastic bag. Pound cumin with bottom of a heavy saucepan or rolling pin until finely crushed. Combine cumin, oil, oregano, remaining 3/4 tsp salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Divide chicken among 8 long metal skewers.
- Off heat, coat a grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 kebab and 1/3 cup salsa