Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Nectarine Salsa
- Total Time
This fresh fruit salsa is fantastic – double the quantity and use extra for a dip.
nectarine(s)3 large, finely diced (1 1/2 lb)
fennel½ cup(s), finely diced
cilantro2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
fresh lime juice2 Tbsp
uncooked shallot(s)1 Tbsp, minced
serrano chile(s)½ average, seeded, minced
table salt½ tsp
cumin seeds2 tsp
olive oil1 Tbsp
dried oregano1 ½ tsp, crushed
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast2 pound(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Combine nectarines through 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat; add cumin and toast, stirring, until fragrant, 3–4 minutes. Allow cumin to cool; transfer cumin to a small zip-close plastic bag. Pound cumin with bottom of a heavy saucepan or rolling pin until finely crushed. Combine cumin, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Divide chicken among 8 long metal skewers.
- Off heat, coat a grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6–7 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 kebab and 1/3 c salsa