1 large, seeded and finely chopped
½ cup(s), sliced (from about 3 medium), divided
Fresh baby spinach
4 item(s), large
¼ cup(s), coarsely chopped
2 tsp, (optional)
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the chile and 6 tbsp of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly colored and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, a few handfuls at a time, and stir until wilted. Season with the cumin and salt. Stir in ¼ cup water.
- Using a wooden spoon, make 4 wells in the spinach. Crack 1 egg into each well. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 4 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp scallions and the cilantro and drizzle with the hot sauce (if using).
- Serving size: 2 eggs and about ¾ cup spinach