- 10 oz frozen baby peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 medium plum tomato(es), seeded, diced
- 2 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Bring a small saucepan half full of water to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain peas and rinse under cold running water; drain again.
Put peas, oil, lime juice, cumin and salt in a food processor; process until smooth and scrape into a bowl. Stir in tomato, onion, cilantro and hot pepper sauce; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend. Let come to room temperature before serving. Yields about 3 tablespoons per serving.
- Can be made a day ahead. Another option is to replace the oil with 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat sour cream (could affect SmartPoints value).