- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground sage, or more to taste
- 8 small uncooked new potato(es), scrubbed, unpeeled
- 9 oz frozen artichokes, hearts
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Season turkey with salt and sage; shape into 1-inch balls. Add turkey to skillet and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove and place in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
Add potatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, oregano, pepper and broth; cover and cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours. (Note: When layering the ingredients in your slow cooker, arrange the artichoke hearts near the top so they don’t overcook. Do not thaw the artichokes first. Or, add the artichokes toward the end of the cooking process if you prefer a firmer texture.)
About 15 minutes before serving, spoon cornstarch into a cup. Add 1 tablespoon of the slow cooker liquid and lemon juice; stir well. Stir into slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes more. Yields about 1 2/3 cups per serving.