Greek Shrimp with Orzo
- 12 oz uncooked orzo
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, medium-size, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo in salted water according to package directions without added fat; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and oregano; bring to a simmer. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon cooked orzo into shrimp mixture; stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Spoon about 1 1/4 cups of orzo-shrimp mixture into a bowl and top with 1 teaspoon of feta.