Greek lamb with spinach and white beans
1 tsp, extra virgin
Uncooked lean and trimmed lamb leg(s)
12 oz, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium, chopped
Canned cannellini beans
19 oz, rinsed and drained
Canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, in juice, undrained
¼ tsp, or to taste
¼ tsp, freshly ground
6 cup(s), baby leaves
Crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning lamb so it browns well on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes for medium-rare (or longer to desired degree of doneness); remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to same skillet; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and their juice, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Add spinach to skillet; increase heat to medium and cook, tossing frequently, until spinach wilts, about 1 minute.
- Stir in lamb; remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 1/2 cups lamb mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.