Greek-Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Total Time
This recipe has all the elements of a Greek salad but is served on a bun. The creamy feta spread would be great over baked potatoes.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 ¼ pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
olive oil2 tsp
red wine vinegar1 tsp
dill1 tsp, fresh, chopped
dried oregano½ tsp
kosher salt½ tsp
garlic powder¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
crumbled feta cheese⅔ cup(s)
fat free skim milk1 Tbsp
uncooked red onion(s)1 Tbsp, minced
light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)4 item(s), toasted
lettuce2 piece(s), romaine, cut in half
fresh tomato(es)½ medium, cut into 4 slices
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- Pound chicken until about 1/4-inch thick; place on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, dill, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; drizzle over chicken and flip to coat both sides. Let chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, milk and onion; mash together with a fork to make a spread.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on toasted bun bottoms; spread each with 1 heaping Tbsp feta spread. Top each with 1 piece lettuce and 1 slice tomato; cover with bun tops.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich