Greek flank steak with lemon-feta potatoes
1½ tsp, divided
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
2 large, baking variety, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
¾ cup(s), divided
3 tsp, divided
Fresh lemon juice
Crumbled feta cheese
- Place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, garlic powder and 1 tsp salt; rub over both sides of steak. Let steak rest at room temperature while you prepare potatoes.
- In prepared baking dish, place potatoes, 1/2 c water, 2 tsp oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and lemon juice; stir to combine and bake for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and stir (add up to 1/4 cup additional water if pan looks dry); reduce heat to 400F and continue cooking until potatoes are browned and liquid has reduced to a light sauce, another 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with feta; toss gently.
- While potatoes cook, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. When quite hot, rub remaining 1 tsp oil onto both sides of steak and add steak to pan. Cook, without touching steak, 5 minutes. Flip; cook another 5 minutes for medium-rare, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice thinly against grain before serving with potatoes.
- Serving size: 3 oz steak and 1 cup potatoes