Grandma’s Pumpkin Muffins
Canned pumpkin puree
Regular liquid egg substitute
Fat free skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Using two 12-hole muffin tins, coat 16 holes with cooking spray. Line them with cupcake wrappers if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, egg substitute, and milk; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins so each hole is about 2/3 full. Bake until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 muffin.