Grandma’s Pumpkin Muffins
- Total Time
Nothing says fall like the spice trinity of pumpkin, nutmeg and cloves.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
all-purpose flour2 cup(s)
baking powder1 Tbsp
table salt1 tsp
baking soda1 tsp
ground cloves½ tsp
ground cinnamon1 tsp
ground nutmeg1 tsp
unsweetened applesauce⅔ cup(s)
canned pumpkin1 cup(s)
regular liquid egg substitute½ cup(s)
fat free skim milk⅔ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray. Line with cupcake wrappers if desired.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt , baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, egg substitute and milk in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffin tins so each hole is about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Yields 1 muffin per serving.