Nothing says fall like the spice trinity of pumpkin, nutmeg and cloves.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 2/3 cup(s) fat free skim milk
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray. Line with cupcake wrappers if desired.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt , baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Combine applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, egg substitute and milk in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
Pour batter into muffin tins so each hole is about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
- We use both cooking spray and muffin wrappers to prevent any batter from sticking to the top of the pan but you can use a nonstick pan instead, if you prefer.