- 1 Tbsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, rib, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), finely chopped (green part only)
- 1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 16 piece(s) lettuce, use tender, inner Romaine leaves
Combine ginger, garlic and broth in a large skillet; bring to a simmer. Add chicken in one layer; return to a simmer. Cover and simmer, turning chicken over after 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let chicken sit in broth for 5 minutes.
Reserve 3 tablespoons of cooked broth; discard remainder. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl; add celery, red pepper and scallion.
In a cup, combine teriyaki sauce, reserved broth and black pepper; stir well. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to combine.
To serve, arrange 4 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/4 cup of chicken mixture into each leaf. Pick up each leaf and eat with your hands. Yields 4 filled leaves per serving.