- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1/2-in wide strips
- 1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce, reduced-sodium recommended, divided
- 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) canned water chestnut(s), drained, chopped
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), whites cut in 1-in pieces, greens sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp water, optional
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek, chili paste or to taste (optional)
- 2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice
Combine chicken and 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes; remove to a plate.
Add remaining teaspoon oil, broccoli, pepper, carrot, water chestnuts and white part of scallions to same skillet; drizzle with 1/4 cup broth and reduce heat to medium-high. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
Add scallion greens, ginger and garlic to skillet; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and any accumulated juices back to skillet; add remaining 1/4 cup broth, remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and water. Cook, until heated through, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in chili paste, if using. Serve with rice. Yields about 1 1/4 cups chicken-vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup rice per serving.