Make this quick dish even faster with leftover rice. The addition of egg boosts its protein value for a satisfying meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dried shiitake mushroom(s), stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) snow peas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, or fresh peas
- 4 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, freshly cooked or day old
- 1 cup(s) uncooked kale, or other greens such as Swiss chard or collards, chopped
- 2 large egg(s), well-beaten
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced, divided
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot but not smoking; add carrots and then mushrooms. Cook, stirring and shaking pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger and snow peas and cook for 30 seconds more; add peas and rice and stir to combine.
Next, add chopped greens; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, about 2 minutes. Remove cover and increase heat to medium-high. Add beaten eggs, soy sauce and 1/4 cup of scallions, stirring to combine; cook 3 to 4 minutes more and garnish with remaining scallions. Yields about 1 3/4 cup per serving.