Garlicky stuffed artichokes
28 oz, 2 large
1 item(s), halved
Trader Joe's Artisan Breads Multigrain baguette
3 oz, or Italian bread
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
6 medium clove(s), minced
Fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
3 Tbsp, chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Using serrated knife, trim stem from each artichoke so it stands upright. Cut off top third of each artichoke. Using scissors, snip off sharp tips from leaves. Rub cut sides of artichokes with halved lemon to prevent browning.
- Arrange steamer basket inside large pot and fill pot with water to just below basket. Bring to boil. Add artichokes and steam until tender when heart is pierced with knife and inner leaf pulls out easily, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Tear bread into pieces and place in food processor. Pulse until medium crumbs form, about 10 times (to get 2 cups). Transfer breadcrumbs to medium bowl.
- In small skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Scrape shallots and garlic into bowl with breadcrumbs. Add broth, parsley, cheese, salt, and black pepper and toss well to combine.
- Place artichokes on small baking sheet. Spoon stuffing between large leaves and mound remaining on top. Bake at 400°F until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serving size: 1⁄2 stuffed artichoke