- 5 large egg white(s)
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 8 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) strawberries, hulled and sliced very thin (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, salt, vanilla extract, melted butter, milk and flour until just combined.
Coat an 8- or 9-inch skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1/4 cup of batter and tilt skillet to cover entire bottom of pan with a thin layer of batter. Cook for 2 minutes; flip over. Top with about 1/3 cup strawberries; cook for 2 minutes more. Fold crepe over and slide onto a serving plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients; sprinkle with sugar. Yields 1 crepe per serving.
- To see if the pan is hot, add a few droplets of water – if they sizzle, the pan is ready. These crepes can be filled with any berries you have on hand – or spread them with fruit preserves. Having a party? Make the crepes ahead of time, then heat them up and top them when you’re ready to serve.