French Toast with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp preserves, blueberry-variety
- 1/3 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 slice(s) reduced-calorie bread
- In a small pot, combine frozen blueberries and preserves. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until berries thaw and become warm, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat together milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla and salt.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip bread, one piece at a time, into egg mixture; turn to coat both sides. Cook bread in a single layer, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Yields 2 pieces French toast and about 1/2 cup sauce per serving.
You can swap almond extract for the vanilla extract and sprinkle the finished dish with sliced almonds (could affect SmartPoints value).