Flank Steak with Mushrooms and Rosemary
Uncooked lean flank steak
1 pound(s), about 1/2-inch thick
¾ tsp, divided
½ tsp, coarsely ground
½ cup(s), chopped
12 oz, wild variety, sliced
1 tsp, fresh, chopped (or to taste)
- Coat a nonstick or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until done to taste, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil; let stand while you cook vegetables.
- Reduce skillet heat to low; add butter and allow to melt.
- Increase heat to medium and add shallots; cook, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet as it cooks, until shallots start to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté, over medium-high heat, until mushrooms are lightly browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve steak topped with mushroom mixture. Yields about 3 ounces steak and 1/2 cup mushroom mixture per serving.