Fish and Vegetable Curry
3 medium clove(s), minced
1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
2 large, chopped
2 Tbsp, mild-variety recommended
3 medium, chopped
½ cup(s), fresh, leaves only, divided
Canned unsweetened light coconut milk
Uncooked long grain brown rice
1 cup(s), long grain, rinsed and drained
3 cup(s), florets
Uncooked lingcod fillet(s)
1½ pound(s), about 1-inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ medium, cut into 6 wedges
- Coat a large heavy pot with cooking spray and set over medium to medium-high heat; add oil. When oil starts to shimmer, add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add onions; cook, stirring often, until translucent and beginning to turn golden, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add curry power and bay leaf; mix well and cook until curry becomes fragrant, scraping bottom of pot while it cooks, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1/4 cup cilantro. Stir in coconut milk, water and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add fish and cook until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Serve hot with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.