- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water, warm
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 oz arugula, about 6 c
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked fennel bulb(s), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), chopped
- 3/4 oz parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
- 16 medium olive(s), Kalamata, pitted, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp basil, chopped (for garnish)
Whisk together shallot, vinegar, water, mustard, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Scatter arugula in bottom of a deep serving platter; top with fennel and peppers. Drizzle with vinaigrette; garnish with cheese, olives and basil.
Serving size: 2 c salad with 2 Tbsp dressing