Everything pigs in blankets
SmartPoints® value per serving
Our favorite two-ingredient dough (made from self-rising flour and fat-free Greek yogurt) is rolled out, cut into strips, wrapped around pieces of turkey hot dogs, and sprinkled with everything seasoning. The dough bakes to a lovely golden brown color, with a slightly crisp biscuit-like texture. If you’re not a fan of everything seasoning, you can simply omit it or substitute another dried seed or spice that you like—such as sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or Aleppo pepper.
White self-rising flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fat-free turkey hot dog(s)
6 hot dog(s), cut into 4 pieces each
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Everything bagel seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and yogurt. Stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading); let dough rest for 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch strips to form 24 (3 x 1-inch) dough strips.
- Wrap 1 dough strip around each hot dog piece. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, seam side down. In a small bowl, whisk together water and egg. Brush egg mixture evenly over dough, then sprinkle evenly with seasoning.
- Bake at 425°F until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with mustard.
- Serving size: 2 pigs in blankets and 1 tsp mustard