Egg, Bacon, and Greens Breakfast Sandwiches
1 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked collard greens
½ pound(s), trimmed and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
Uncooked turkey bacon
4 large egg(s)
Whole wheat sandwich thin(s)
2 item(s), split and toasted
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add greens and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until greens are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in hot sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat. Cook until crisp, about 3 minutes on each side. With tongs, transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate and drain.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Break eggs into skillet and cook until whites are opaque and yolks begin to set, 3–4 minutes.
- Place bread thins, cut side up, on 4 plates. Top evenly with greens mixture. Break each slice of bacon in half and place on greens. Top with egg and sprinkle with Romano.
- Per serving: 1 open-face sandwich