Easy “Shake & Bake” Breaded Chicken
Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
White whole wheat flour
1 item(s), large
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
24 oz, 4 (6-oz) breasts
- Place a sheet pan in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F (leave pan in oven as it heats).
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the panko, flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, cumin, and black pepper; seal the bag and shake to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tbsp water until well combined.
- Place the chicken between 2 pieces of parchment paper; pound with a meat mallet or small skillet to an even thickness of about ½ inch. Working with 1 breast at a time, dip in egg mixture to coat. Place the chicken in the bag; shake to coat with the panko mixture. Place breaded chicken back on the parchment paper. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken on the pan; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake until breading is browned and a thermometer inserted in the middle of the chicken registers 165°F, about 15 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast