- 4 cup(s) fresh cranberries, fresh
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 1/3 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp table salt
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and continue simmering, slowly, until thickened and almost jam-like, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes. Pour into a glass or nonreactive, heat-safe bowl.
Refrigerate until chilled and then cover and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yields about 2 1/2 tablespoons per serving.