Easy chile rellenos casserole
1 small, chopped
Canned chipotle pepper(s)
1½ Tbsp, drained, chopped
Canned green chile peppers
6¾ oz, mild, diced, drained
Low fat cheddar or colby cheese
3 oz, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Regular liquid egg substitute
Light sour cream
2 medium, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square pan and a medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Place oil in skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in peppers and chilies and cook about 1 minute more. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan; sprinkle with cheeses
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute and sour cream; pour evenly over cheeses and sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
- Flavor Booster: Tart-tasting green tomatillo salsa makes a refreshing topping for the casserole. You’ll find tomatillo salsa in ethnic sections of supermarkets and gourmet food stores.