Earl Grey Tea Cake
Packed light brown sugar
3 item(s), large
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Earl grey tea
¼ cup(s), 3 tbsp, from 6 tea bags
Whole wheat pastry flour
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat the olive oil, brown sugar, honey, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest until completely combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tea leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Using a spatula, fold the flour gently into the egg mixture until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack. Let the cake cool completely in the pan. Remove the cake from the pan. Using a fine-mesh sieve, sift the powdered sugar on top.
- Serving size: 1/12 of cake