Chicken paillards with orange and avocado salsa by Daphne Oz
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
24 oz, four 6-oz pieces
1½ tsp, divided
3 small, Blood, Cara Cara, Sumo, or any combination of seedless oranges, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
4 medium, thinly sliced
1 piece(s), 1-inch, peeled and minced (optional)
¼ small, or Fresno chile, minced (optional)
¼ cup(s), or cilantro, finely chopped (including stems)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 item(s), juiced
1 item(s), medium, pitted, peeled and diced
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat pounder or heavy skillet to flatten it into a 1/2-inch-thick paillard. Place the pounded chicken on a large plate or platter and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Coat chicken with a few sprays from an oil mister, turning to coat the breasts on both sides, then sprinkle the chicken on all sides with 1 tsp of the salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oranges, scallions, ginger, chile (if using), parsley, lime juice, oil, and 1/2 tsp salt. Gently stir in the avocado.
- Off heat, coat a large skillet with a few sprays from an oil mister. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook on the other side until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to a platter. (You can also cook the chicken on an outdoor or indoor grill).
- Serve the salsa over the chicken.
- Serving size: about 4 1/2 oz chicken and 1 cup salsa