Curry-Spiced Sweet Potato–Quinoa Cakes
1 cup(s), rinsed
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
1 pound(s), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 Tbsp, grated peeled fresh
1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Combine water and quinoa in medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until fork-tender, about 12 minutes; drain. Return potatoes to saucepan and coarsely mash with fork.
- Add potatoes, ginger, shallot, curry powder, cumin, and salt to quinoa; stir until mixed well. Shape mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Per serving: 1 quinoa cake