Scoop up this curry, fruit and nut chicken salad with our homemade chips. Or use the well-flavored filling for wraps and sandwiches.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 4 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp walnut(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) golden seedless raisins
- 3 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Put chicken, water and 2 tablespoons of salt in a medium saucepan; bring just to a boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook, covered, just until chicken is firm, about 15 minutes; remove pan from heat and set aside. When chicken is cool, pull it apart by hand into shredded, bite-size pieces (or shred chicken with 2 forks).
Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, curry, ginger and parsley together in a medium bowl. Add shredded chicken, walnuts and raisins; gently mix to coat. Refrigerate chicken salad until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Layer tortillas on top of each other and cut the stack into eighths to make chips. Spread chips out in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet; season to taste with salt. Bake until golden brown and crisp, rotating baking sheet once, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve chips with chilled chicken salad. Yields about 1 cup of chicken salad and 6 tortilla chips per serving.
- You can swap turkey for the chicken if you prefer.