Croque Monsieur Egg Rolls
PersonalPoints™ per serving
We put a new spin on the classic French combo of ham and cheese by turning it into egg rolls. Dipped into honey mustard, the rolls make a great afternoon snack or appetizer. Add more color and crunch to these egg rolls by adding 2 tablespoons of minced red bell pepper to the filling. You can substitute smoked chicken breast for the ham, if you prefer. If you don’t want to bake these crispy rolls right away, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. They’ll keep well for a few days so you can either bake them all at once or a bake a few at a time.
Cooked lean ham
5 oz, finely diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
Low-fat Swiss cheese
2 oz, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp, minced (green part only)
Egg roll wrapper(s)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ham, cheese, and scallion, and mix well.
- On a flat work surface, place an egg roll wrapper with its corners set vertically (pointing up and down – like a diamond shape). Arrange 3 slightly rounded tablespoons of the filling across the center of the wrapper, leaving 1 inch of space on the sides.
- Fold the bottom of the wrapper to the center, over the filling. Gently, but firmly, fold the left side of the wrapper to the center and then fold in the right side. Roll the egg roll away from you to close the final corner. Seal any loose ends with water; repeat with the remaining ingredients to form eight egg rolls.
- Place the filled wrappers on the prepared baking sheet; lightly coat the surface of the egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake until egg rolls are golden brown, flipping once, about 16 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 egg roll and 1 1/2 tsp honey mustard