Creamy pesto zucchini noodles with shrimp and spinach
Garlic-flavored olive oil
1 pound(s), extra large, peeled, deveined (21 to 25 shrimp per lb)
1 tsp, divided
Reduced fat cream cheese
1 pound(s), spiralized , (about 5 cups)
1 cup(s), halved
½ tsp, grated
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season shrimp with 1/4 tsp salt and add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1½ minutes. Transfer to plate with shrimp.
- Add cream cheese and pesto to skillet and cook over low heat, stirring, until cream cheese is melted. Add zucchini noodles and remaining 3/4 tsp salt and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook just until zucchini noodles are almost wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, spinach, and lemon zest to skillet. Cook over medium heat, tossing, until shrimp and spinach are hot and zucchini noodles are wilted, about 1 minute. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serving size: 1½ cups noodles and shrimp and 2 tsp Parmesan